Routine GP appointments
We offer 10 minute appointments for non-urgent issues which can be booked by ringing 01384 322500. These can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance. See the ‘Opening Times’ section for details of when our surgeries are open.
Additionally, since December 2013 the Practice has introduced an on-line booking facility for routine appointments with a doctor. This will give patients who have registered with the service the facility to book an appointment from a pc/laptop at home or via certain mobile devices.
Patients interested in using this facility will need to register as a user with a special web site. For details, please see the section called 'Clinics & Services' from the menu bar at the top of this page, then choose 'on-line services'.
If you feel your problem needs attention soon, you should advise the receptionist.
If the problem is extremely urgent, requiring immediate attention, please advise the receptionist. Sometimes they may advise you to dial 999 for issues such as chest pain or shortness of breath.
If you are unable to use or have access to a telephone, please inform the receptionist and alternative arrangements will be made for your review.
How you can help us
- Let us know if more than one family member needs to be seen, as each person will need their own appointment
- If you feel your problem(s) can't be dealt with within the usual allocated 10 minutes, then you may book a 20 minute appointment
- Call for urgent appointments or home visits as early in the day as possible
- Early morning is our busiest time for booking appointments. We have extra reception staff answering the phones at this time but even so, you may have to hold for a period of time until your call is answered. Please be patient and accept our apologies for this delay.
- If you are ringing for the results of tests or for issues other than booking urgent appointments or home visits, please call after 11am.
- Chaparones - please let us know in advance if you would like a chaparone available during your appointment.
If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment we will be unable to see you and you will be marked as “Did Not Attend”. If there is a good reason why you are running late, please call the surgery to let us know. At the healthcare professional’s discretion they may still see you. Patients who repeatedly do not attend appointments with no explanation will be contacted regarding this. Ultimately they risk being removed from our practice list.
Cancelling your Appointment
If you are unable to keep or no longer need your appointment please let the surgery know as soon as possible so that it can be given to another patient. You can do this online via this website or via our telephone appointment line.
(Cancelling in response to a Text reminders)
If you have received an appointment reminder via text to your mobile phone, it will give you the option to respond with the just the word 'CANCEL' (no other information required) sufficiently in advance of the appointment time, this will automatically cancel your appointment. Please ensure this is the ONLY word you reply with, if you use other words or explanations why you are cancelling the system will NOT recognise these and will NOT cancel the appointment - as for other methods of cancellation let the surgery know as soon as possible so that the appointment can be given to another patient. If you do not give sufficient notice we may be unable to cancel and re-allocate the appointment slot thus depriving another patient.