Consultation on proposal to close Wollaston Branch Surgery of Three Villages Medical Practice
Consultation Period: Monday 16th July 2018 through to Wednesday 19th September 2018
As you are aware the practice offers a service across two sites: the main site being Three Villages Medical Practice at Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre (SHSCC) and the branch surgery at Wollaston. After a great deal of thought and consideration, it is apparent that Wollaston is no longer able to operate effectively in modern general practice.
We are proposing to close our branch surgery at Wollaston and bring all services together under one roof at Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre.
There are a number of reasons why we are making this proposal:
- Working across two sites is increasingly difficult; communication, safety, team work
- Logistics of maintaining an efficient and safe service is increasingly challenging to achieve.
- Practice budget does not allow us to effectively run two sites without compromises.
- Enable full utilization of the purpose built health centre building
- Have a full complement of clinical skills working from one site
- Improve staff morale and retention
- Chaperone availability
We will make it our aim to retain the elements that patients value from our smaller practice site and we as a team are confident that we will continue to provide the best possible service by consolidating all patient care at SHSCC providing better access to full nursing services, chronic disease management and minor surgery facilities. We would also like to assure you there will be no reduction in the number of appointments available.
We would like to hear your views on the proposal and support you with any questions you may have. There are a number of ways to get involved:
- This link will take you to our on-line survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PHPR76G
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - This link will open a PDF document FAQ
- Come to one of the open public meetings we are holding:
- Wednesday 25th July, 3.30pm start at Holy Trinity Church Hall, High St, Amblecote, DY8 4JA
- Wednesday 8th August, 7.00pm start at St James’ Church, Belfry Drive, Wollaston, DY8 3SE
Please let us know if you are planning on joining us by contacting the Practice Manager, Ms Paula Collins on 01384 322500
This is only a proposal at this stage. You do not have to change doctors or move to a different practice because of the proposal.
At the end of the consultation period, all of the feedback provided will be considered by Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) along with other information and a decision will be made on whether to agree the proposal or not. This will be a meeting held in public as opposed to an open public meeting. Therefore questions from the public will be allowed at the start of the meeting at the discretion of the Chair before other agenda items are addressed. This meeting will take place on Friday 19th October at 1:00 pm at Amblecote Christian Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote DY8 4BS. If you are planning on joining this meeting, please email Tiffany on email@example.com or ring Tiffany on 01384 321920 to let her know.
Dr Tapparo Dr Foulds Dr Robinson