PATIENT ACCESS - Best for ordering prescriptions
This gives patients who have registered with Patient Access – the online service the facility to book an appointment, order repeat medications and to view a brief summary of their medical record.
1. E-mail the practice on email@example.com advising that you wish to register for patient online access
2. The practice will e-mail you back with a series of questions asking your full name, DOB, address, email address and telephone number. You will need to reply to the email with all of this information and an attached copy of your ID (easiest way is to take a photograph of your ID and attach it to the email). ID accepted:
- Driving license
- Council tax bill
- Bank statement
3. The practice will verify that your details match those that we hold on record and if they do you will receive two emails:
- email 1 = Username Code
- email 2 = temporary password
If you wish to find out more, go to https://www.patientaccess.com/, there is information on that website to assist you.
During the COVID-19 outbreak we will only be providing patients with access to booking appointments and ordering prescriptions.
ASK NHS APP - Best for booking appointments!
How to use the Ask NHS App Symptom Checker
Please note this app is only for those aged 16+
- Download the app on to your Apple or Android Device.
- Once installed, open the app and create an account.
3. Enter your postcode and press next
4. Enter your surname, Date of Birth, Gender, Email and create a password
6. Click ‘I Agree’
7. You are now ready to engage with the Virtual Assistant, ‘Olivia’. Click on the ‘Symptom Checker’
8. Once clicking ‘Start’ you will be able to describe your symptoms through a series of questions
9. Once the questions have been asked, Olivia will be able to arrange a call back from our Receptionists, if appropriate. At this point, you will need to enter the number you wish our team to call you back on
10. This will then be added to our Practice Call Back System and a Receptionist will call you back as soon as possible and take the appropriate action.
Dudley Information Directory
This useful online tool allows local residents to see what Health and Social Services are available to them in the surrounding areas. You can navigate yourself round the site for a particular service or you can enter your postcode to find the nearest available services.